Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Gate Fold Cards

 One day its spring, the next day its winter again. My two brain disorders do not like the abrupt changes in weather so I’ve had a few days when the creativity and concentration just isn’t there. Instead I’ve been trying to purge the craft supplies and reorganize the stamps and died - a taunting task for sure when I don’t have the proper storage units… and I really don’t want to invest in shelves so its make do here.

I did make some cards a couple of weeks ago and I must say, I’m loving these gate fold cards. Instead of a belly band which I find to be a bit of a nuisance, I’ve started doing them a little different.

Here’s one with a belly band.

 

It’s okay but once you take off the belly band you lose the circle, flowers and sentiment.

 Here’s two I made without the belly band.

 


You make them the same way - gate fold card. The sides meet in the middle and the card opens up.  This is one I made without anything holding it closed so it does open up a bit before you want it to but its still okay.

 


Now this one I die cut an small circle twice and glued them together to make them stronger and its glued on just enough off the main focal image to hold it closed. There is a fine line between close enough to keep it closed but still easy to latch and difficult to latch - this one falls on the latter but it works. Who ever receives probably won’t be opening and closing it all that much.

 That’s all for a damp, cool, blah Tuesday in Ontario.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. My Goodness all those cards are lovely Violet! I especially LOVE the butterflies though! Beautiful weather here the last few days and today is no exception... School age Granddaughter is taking her first field trip with her school.. They are going to a park where Easter Eggs have been hidden. My daughter and i volunteered to help hide the eggs..lol After some breakfast and coffee that is.. So nice they live close and we can be involved.. Take care Violet! Getting my stuff ready to turn into the Stock Show too.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...