Friday, May 31, 2024

Wild Flower Card

 It’s been quite a week here again in Ontario with the weather all over the place. The rain and thunderstorms continued but we dodged the tornado….and we were close to having frost the last two nights. Its not unusual to have to turn  the furnace off and on during April but usually in May the furnace is off until we turn the A/C on in June or July. We had to run the furnace a bit the last two mornings just to get the chill out of the house. We did enjoy coffee in the backyard today - first time this year!

 Today’s card was a bit of an experiment - nothing new there, right! But I did like how it turned out.

I love the wild flowers die set - I think from Tim Holtz - and I’m trying to use them more often. I also have the jar stamp that I seldom used so I decided to put them both to use on one card. The flowers were all die cut from white cardstock and then  various colours of inks were used to colour them. I like this look better than die cutting them from solid cardstock…except the black ones in the background. I had to hand cut the vase as there is no die for it but that’s okay. It was easy to hand cut and I actually enjoy hand cutting things. I tried laying the vase and flowers on a variety of paper for the background and rejected all of it. I didn’t want a busy background so I kept it super simple but using a dark blue card base and the came colour cardstock die cut with a stitched rectangle die. A bakers twine bow as added and the stamped sentiment on a die cut banner was added.

That’s all for a sunny and fairly warm Friday May 31, 2024. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I like hand cutting things too Violet. Very relaxing . Lovely card.... I'm always trying to use the things i HAVE.. i have so much... i don't play nearly enough with all of it.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...