Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My Crazy Dog Stamp's First Card


My winning Crazy Dog stamp set from the one and only Tim Holtz arrived yesterday but we were just on our way for another bike ride at Rondeau Park – another 27.5km done – and we were very late coming home so I had no time to stamp last night – horrors! A new stamp set and not stamped!!!! Well, that was remedied this morning and here is the first card I made with it.




The background designer paper was one of 6 card bases I made from two pieces of 8” paper. I’ll explain that process in another posting. It’s hard to see in the photo but the bottom orange paper has a watermark of a dog over and over. So cool.



The dog was coloured with water coloured pencils, blended with water and then Prismacolor pencils was used for some shading. I kept it very simple because this card is going to the young boy in California with autism whose birthday is coming up August 6th .......and like most children with autism, they have a hard time making friends so they don’t have friends to come to their birthday party. You can read all about him if you go back a couple of posts. I don’t know this boy but I’m hoping he likes dogs! The sentiment is computer generated.



I will be continuing to make and send cards to these unfortunate young children so I think I better save up and buy some more stamps suitable for children.



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference.



That’s all for a lovely summer day here in Ontario.





Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...