Monday, June 20, 2011

Pink and green congratulations

What a beautiful day today was. Perfect June weather. Warm but not humid. We had nice long coffee breaks out in the backyard while watching all the birds at our various feeders. Hubby laughs when I call them coffee breaks but that’s what they are….a much needed interruption from doing what ever it is we are doing – which is not much at all most of the time.

However, I decided I couldn't just sit outside and do nothing all day so I actually forced myself to sew some quilt blocks for another quilt I’m making and almost got them all done. Tonight I headed down to the “lower studio” (aka the basement) to make some greeting cards.  Here is one card I finished last week.



A friend of mine gave me this stamp along with some others as she decided stamping and card making were not her thing after all. I thanked her with a gift certificate to Tim Horton’s in return. Love this stamp! Not sure who the maker is as it is not marked anywhere on it. I coloured it with my Prismacolor makers and added some Stickles to some of the flowers. The “congratulations” was just a small stamp that came in a package of various small stamps which I believe I picked up at one of the dollar stores. The blue is about 3 different colours of chalk. Some small jewels were added to the lower flowers and then I added two silk butterflies. I found a whole package of these butterflies at Dollarama one day and they have really come in handy. I mounted the stamped image on a piece of green scrap paper and then to the pink background paper. The green and pink ribbon was from my stash. I really liked how this card turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...