Tuesday, August 30, 2011

big flower cut-out card

Last week I posted two cards with a butterfly cut out from the outside and then glued to the inside. I started to think about what else I could use for that same technique and I found a huge flower die from Quickutz that I scored at Value Village along with some other Quickutz dies. I wasn't sure Quickutz would work in my Cuttlebug or not but they do as long as I remember to add a piece of cardboard (I use an old greeting card) for some extra leverage. This die cuts a very large flower and I wasn't sure what I would use it for - until now.

Told you it was a large flower! I used a mottled background heavy cardstock I have and did not use any other paper to cover it. The strip on the side was run thru the Cuttlebug with one of the edger embossing folders - but with a twist. I quite often roll ink on the smooth side of the embossing folders when using white paper so the embossing part stays white but this time I really wanted to use that strip of pink so I inked the embossing part to see what would happen. I got ink in the "debossed" (not sure what the technical term is for the underside of embossed) areas of the design and I kinda like it.

Here is the inside.

Its hard to tell here but the petals of the flowers are cut away from the outside areas. I folded two petals down at a time and inked the tiny strip around each flower in hot pink until that area was inked. Just that tiny strip and the dot in the middle is glued down. The petals are left to pop up thru the card. The big red dot in the centre is an old earring from a huge bag of odd and end jewelry that was donated to me....love friends who clean out their "junk" and bring it to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...