Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Outdoor Fun layout

This layout went together pretty quickly....they don't all! Some times it takes me a day or more to do a two page spread and other days I can do two or more in one day. This is probably because I almost always do multi-photo layouts and it takes awhile to incorporate all the photos on the page. I'm finding a simple grid pattern works up quickly.



It looks like I got a little sun glare on the left side of the layout - sorry about that. There are several different paper patterns layered together - not all from the same company either but they all seemed to work together just fine. I printed the journaling on a piece of light green velum and then adhered it to the green tag I made and then attached the tag to the background paper with an eyelet. I also made the bottom flower to sort of mimic the top one that was in a kit - and yes, you can put flowers on a "boy page" but just don't make them fussy. The bottom flower is cut from a Tim Holtz flower die with the outer petals and middle petals ends cut off straight with decorative scissors to match the ones on the top flower....better for a boy page I think. The sun is just yellow paper I cut out with sun rays and dabbed some darker yellow and yellow/orange ink around to give it some depth. The title letters came from a pack and they just happened to work perfectly with this colour scheme.

Here is a close-up of the two pages.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...