Monday, October 31, 2011

Art Journal Monday October 31 - Don't believe everything you read.

This week's challenge was an open challenge - anything we wanted. Well, I had to do something a bit scary and Halloweenish.....but had to add a little tongue-in-cheek humour. This is what I came up with.

The background is just water colour paint and acrylic paint and punchinella for the texture. The building is a picture I saw in the paper and cut it out "in case I needed it one day" (which explains why I have so much 'necessary accessories" in my stash). I hand painted the large trees and stamped the small bushes. I die cut the ravens using a Sissix die and set them on some long think branches I painted.

The sign is just cardstock, distressed and inked with black ink and held up by a broken cocktail toothpick I painted brown with grey streaks to look old. So then came the tongue-in-cheek printed in white! I know, I have a warped sense of humour!...or so I've been told many, many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...