Friday, November 25, 2011

Bellarific Friday November 25 - Non-Traditional Christmas Colours

Before I post the card I have to share a funny story. Yesterday I bought my 18 month grandson his Christmas present - a Vtech helicopter that has buttons to push to make sounds - like bells, whistles, music and even talks. As I put it in the closet I accidentally hit a button and it started to play a little tune. I closed the closet door and changed my clothes quickly and was leaving the room when a voice in the closet said "Goodbye". What???? Man did I jump!  Then I realized that the toy turns itself off after a minute or two if no further buttons are pushed and it says goodbye as it turns off. Whew. Its funny now but it sure got my heart racing for a minute.

Now, on to the posting. This week's challenge was free-form...do what ever card you want in any way but using a stamp from Stampin' Bella. So, I did a non-traditional coloured card for one of my daughters who happens to love purple.

I love this bunny stamp from Stampin' Bella...so darn cute. I made a purple card base and then die cut a scalloped square out of the left over paper. After colouring the bunny with water colour pencils I die cut it with the smaller scallop die. The sentiment looks like a different colour but it does match the card. I needed something behind the scallops but wasn't sure what so I did some more experimenting. I took a piece of very thin paper with shades of mauve and used a punch to punch around all four sides. Not bad...except the top right corner. It tore a bit so I just added a snowflake I cut out with one of the Spellbinder Snowflake dies, attaching it with a white brad. I think she will like this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...