Monday, November 28, 2011

cps card challenge - Warm Wishes

Well, making quilts at the church did not happen today. Heavy rain is expected today and that usually means my brain disorders will go berserk and it started at 3:20 in the middle of the night. I really thought I would be OK today because yesterday it drizzled rain all day and I had a pretty good day. Oh well, the only thing constant is how unpredictable I will be - which is why we seldom buy tickets or sign up for anything ahead of time.

So, while cruising some of my favorite blogs this morning, I noticed that Stampin' Bella was the host for CPS (this week. I copied the sketch and went down to my "lower studio" (aka the basement) and whipped up a card using the sketch. I'm going to try to post it to their blog for the contest but who knows if it will go thru.

Here's the card. I used one of Stampin' Bella's new stamps, "Uptown Girl"...warm wishes.


The image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The red paper is from Stampin' Up. The snowflake strip is from a Cuttlebug folder and it had to be longer then the folder. So, I had to put it in once, stopping at the end (if you go past the end you get a line), backing it out, flipping the paper to line up and run it thru again, just to where the other piece ended. The snow people paper behind the circles is just a left over piece so I have no idea who made it. I added some sprinkles and flocking to be the snow and added some glitter to the image. The sentiment came with this stamp so I stamped in blue and mounted it on red and then used pop dots to give it dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...