Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Santa Gnome Card

I'm finally and officially back on track. Monday and yesterday I did more then I did the entire week before. Yesterday I cut out 4 pairs of pj's, plus extra pants with leftover material, for my four grandsons for Christmas. Not sewn yet, but cut out. The only grrrrr came when I opened up and straightened the 3 metres of fabric for the youngest boy and found out it was cut so crooked that it was 6 1/2" out at the bottom and didn't get straight til half way up. I actually took a picture of it to show to the manager at Fabricland how badly it was cut. Not they will do anything about it but once in awhile you just have to do this. Fabricland is where I buy pj material and fabric for costumes. For real quilting material, I go to the quilt shop.

The card I'm posting today is another quick and easy card but oh so cute.

One of my sons-in-law loves gnomes so I was thinking of him when I made this. I ran the white background paper thru the Cuttlebug with the snowflake embossing folder and then wrapped the red ribbon around it before gluing it to the card base. The ovals are Spellbinders dies of course and the tag is from a package of odds and ends of Christmas tags. The gnome is a stamp from Paper Wishes and is coloured up with my Tombow markers. I added a few gems to some of the snowflakes for a little sparkle. The mauve under his feet was to be his shadow but when I look at it here, I think I may be putting the fake snow over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...