Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Cheer Card

Well, things settled down after my rant yesterday. I'm still under attack of the brain disorders but not as bad. Yesterday the creative spirit returned! I finished making 4 Barbie doll dresses and finished some more cards, (and didn't toss anything into the big G) and made hubby chocolate chip cookies (and didn't burn them). He loves chocolate - I don't - but I make them for him. I also made the dough for sugar cookies and its in the fridge getting cool so I can roll them out. I like to bring cookies to the nursing home for the residents that I visit each month. I'm part of our Church's Pastoral Care Team and its about time I made a stop there. They love my cookies and looking at pictures of my children and grandchildren and nature photos that I also bring. If anyone is looking to fill in some time, consider volunteering to visit people in nursing homes. They are easy to visit with and some have no family at all so they are so thankful for even a quick visit. I just had an "Oh oh" moment. I didn't include the residents at the nursing home in my list of the number of Christmas cards I need. I have nine more to make now! They love getting my cards so its a joy to make them for them.

Today I'm posting a quick and easy Christmas card - the kind I seldom make. I usually have several layers of paper and a stamped and coloured image. For some reason, this card just sort of made itself.

I picked up the two background pieces from the stash and thought they look good together. The striped one is from a pad of Christmas Paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago and the one on the right I bought at the Paper Pickle. I think this is my last piece of it. I must see if they have more hidden away. I love that paper. Anyway, I die cut the burgundy scalloped circles and the white ones and stamped the sentiments with gold and embossed them. I put some gold thread in my sewing machine (I have an old Singer a friend donated to me just for cards) and stitched around and around the burgundy and few times, crossing over the stitched lines here and there. I wasn't sure what I was going to put as the focal point until I came across a sheet of Christmas stickers. Bingo. The Santa was just the right colour with the burgundy and gold. The big burgundy bow came from the shoe outlet. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...