Thursday, January 19, 2012

Singing Off Key Card

We are having another snow blizzard here! Huge, huge flakes of snow just coming down like crazy. The flakes are so large it makes the world look like a giant snow globe that has been shaken. It is kind of pretty but I'm glad I don't have anywhere I have to go today.

Today's card is one of my favorites. Love this stamp!

 It's called "Betty" from the Golden Oldie line from Art Impressions Inc. I can't sing on key at all. In fact, my singing is so bad my kids don't even want me to sing Happy Birthday to them - so I can relate to Betty. The "Happy Birthday to you" are two different stamps and the music notes are from another stamp set too. I decided to give "Betty" a green dress to pick up the green in the background paper and she has reddish pink hair to match too. The two background papers came from a pack of papers I picked up somewhere a couple of years ago and I'm sure they are no longer available. Great colours in that pack too. This one was coloured with Prismacolor markers and blended with gamsol. The two colours of pink paper behind the stamped image are just from my stash and the ribbon is from the shoe factory. Once again, the ribbon does not go all along the back - waste of ribbon doing that. I untied a few bows and iron them flat so I would have matching ribbon. I just punched a hole on either side and looped a small piece of ribbon thru and taped them to the back. I'm very thrifty. Can you tell?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...