Saturday, May 5, 2012

Steam Train Card

Our youngest grandson turns two this week and for some unknown reason he has fallen in love with steam trains - not Thomas the cartoon steam train either - I mean the old, and real, steam trains. His dad sits and finds clips of steam trains on You Tube for him. Isn't it odd how each child seems to pick something that means so much to them, and just them. One of our grandsons loves everything medieval, another one Star Wars, another one motorcycles and Finn loves steam trains. Funny thing is my husband loves steam trains too but at least he remembers them and he is actually a step-grandfather so its not inherited.

So, I just happened to have some steam train fabric in the fabric stash.  yes, I have a paper stash and a fabric stash, and a bead stash, and a polymer clay stash. So I ironed on fusible web to the back of a piece of it, cut it out and ironed it on to a prepared background. Here it is.

To make the background was easy. I dug a piece of light blue paper from the never-going-down paper stash and sponged some Broken China Distress ink along the top and right side and Peeled Paint Distress Ink along the bottom, and Tea Dye in the middle. I then stamped some Tim Holtz flowers that look like bushes in light grey and green. I just drew in the rail lines - which are a little off but that's OK. Finn won't mind. I stamped a small flourish in grey above the stack to look like steam coming out. 
Once the train was ironed into place I stamped the sentiment. He received it Thursday and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...