Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Embossed Thank You

Another cold one again today. Winter just does not seem to want to end. I wasn't sure what I felt like doing yesterday and it turned out I didn't do anything creative at all. I decided I really needed to rearrange the printer and laptop-now-a-processor on the desk. The last thing Joe said to me was "Don't mess up the wires and while you move things you may as well dust". Well, you can't move things without a couple of things getting unplugged and mixed up. I had to call in the calvary again. Good job he lives close by and he came over and between us we rearranged and reduced the wire mess and got everything up and running again. Well, almost everything. The printer is suppose to be wireless. It scanned something just fine last night but today it didn't want to print. How odd. The calvary came back over again and he had up and running in no time. I hope that's the end of the computer problems for awhile. While I was rearranging things I decided Joe was right and I might as well dust while I'm at it - and ended up dusting the entire downstairs. Dusting is cleaning the bathrooms is about all the housework I do. Joe does the rest. Bless him. Housework takes time away from fun things like creating art.

Today it was too cold in the "lower studio" (the basement), especially when the dramatic drop in temperature triggered off the brain disorders again so I went to the "upper studio" (large walk-in closet where I sew) and finished all the blocks for a quilt and cut out a bag for a challenge at our quilt guild. At least I got a little creative time in today.

This is another card I made with my new embossing folders.

 
I am loving these embossing folders. After running white cardstock thru the Cuttlebug I went over the embossed areas with several different inks and did the same for the background but lighter. Then I stamped the butterflies and the sentiment and added the butterfly (Stampin' Up die). The butterfly needed some bling so I added gems for his body. Then I spritzed the entire card with my home made glimmer mist - that's the sheen you see - and let it dry. Very pretty in real life. Then I die cut that light green strip with a very large scallop die (Sizzix) and placed it on top of another green strip of the same colour. It's hard to see in the photo but you can make out the scallops if you look closely. Then I added the embossed part to the green strip and then added the gold peel-and-stick wavy line.

Another day is almost gone - it's not too late to make it a good one!






1 comment:

  1. I just love this card Violet! The colors are amazing!! I'm painting cardboard flowers to send thru the mail as postcards. I'm trying to invite spring on in! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...