Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dream - Believe - Imagine

Sunday was not a good day for me and I had no idea what I felt like doing....but I knew quilting was out because I don't like "noise" when I'm having a bad day...and the sewing machine counts as noise.  So, I wandered down to the lower studio but I didn't feel like making cards and unfortunately I did not clear up my card making mess on the table so scrapbooking was out - cleaning up was not happening either! So, I went over to the old office desk where I paint and picked up a blank page from my mixed media stack and decided to do a page for the Stamping Bella challenge. No idea in my head at all. Just wanted to play. Here's my page.


I just started by spraying on some ink, and then stenciling with acrylic paint, more spray, more paint, on and on until I liked it. Okay, background done but what to put on it. I was flipping thru my stencils - most are 6" Crafter's Choice, but I have several larger ones that I bought at the thrift store - one of those mystery bags where you know its a bag of stencils but not sure how many you will like - I took a chance on it and some I will likely not use but some I quite like - including the one with the words on it. So I pulled it out and stenciled in the first three words - Dream - Believe - Imagine with black paint and then I touch them up with a black marker. The only suggestion that Emily at Stamping Bella made was to use the negative part of a punch. Okay, I can do that. I found this scrap of olive green paper that I had already sun thru the Spellbinder Edgeabilities die and didn't use for some reason and punched out some flowers. When I placed it down it was rather blah so I took another small strip of wine paper and cut squares to go behind the punched flowers. Much nicer. Okay, the middle was sort of bare. What shall I put there. I looked around and saw a package of napkins I had bought at the dollar store with large flowers on them. I cut one out and laid it down - nah, didn't like it at all. But, then I thought these flowers would make great butterflies. Mmmmhh I wonder if they would go thru the Cuttlebug. Yup, I used a Cuttlebug die and the Stampin' Up die and die cut the butterflies, removed the white backing paper behind them and Modge Podged them down. I had to use up the flowers I had punched out so I added them near the top and put a dot of red paint in the centre and outlined them. After some more outlining and shading here and there (and more fiddling) I called it done.

1 comment:

jinxxxygirl said...

Very nice Violet. I love how you take us thru the process. Hugs! deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...