Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Be-Witching Card

Fall has definitely come – brrrr. It isn’t cold enough to kill the allergens that are causing my laryngitis yet but soon I hope. The change of weather has caused the old brain disorders to act up a bit so I’ve had to take it easy the last couple of days. However, when this happens I remind myself to count my blessings instead of thinking about my problems, so overall, life is good.

Its only about a week until Halloween so I thought I’d post the Halloween cards I made for the grandchildren this week. This one goes to the oldest and only granddaughter. Joe reminds me every year that Kadri and her brother are “too old” for Halloween cards but I disagree. They love to get the cards I make them and I enjoy making them so the tradition will continue! Who cares what kind of a card it is. It’s just nice to receive a card from Grandma I think….I put his name on the card too but not sure why some days!!!

Anyway, this stamp is from Inkadinkado and so is the sentiment which is in light purple below the moon.


To make the card I die cut the circle with a Spellbinder’s circle die on an old Christmas card. I put the negative piece down and sponged Distress inks, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. Then I put some repositionable tape on the back of the circle and put it on top to be a mask. I used Chipped Sapphire and Faded Jeans for the sky by just holding the Distress Inks against the edge and pulling them to the other side. I removed the moon mask and used Dusty Concord on a piece of sponge on an angle to add some clouds including putting some across the moon. The trees at the bottom of the card were made using the tops of some tree or bushes stamp from Tim Holtz. I stamped them first with dark grey ink, some first inking, and then a second stamping without re-inking to get some lighter ones. Then I used some Tombow markers, yellow, green, red and orange on just the top of the stamp, misted it gently with water and stamped them over and over so it looked like a few leaves left on the tree and blowing around. The edges of the card were then inked with Distress Ink Walnut Stain. I think she will like it.

To get the sentiment to look light and rather spooky I first inked up the stamp with Versamark, then purple ink and then sprinkled clear embossing powder over the top and heat embossed it. I didn't want the sentiment to be dark to over power the witch so this worked for me.
 

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED getting mail from my Grandma! But kids are different today.....I mail things to our grandkids and never get an acknowledgement. Sad really... i finally stopped...

    They are missing out on a great form of communication....... Hope yours let you know they enjoy it. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...