Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Ghostly Card

Busy, busy day but I got nothing accomplished – except for some much needed exercise. Aqua Fit was a good workout this morning and then after lunch Joe and I went for a walk a couple of times thru Paxton’s Bush. It’s not a very big bush so we did it twice and probably should have done it three times. Then we decided to stop in and see his sister. We haven’t been over because I had, and have, laryngitis but we thought we should at least stop in for awhile. Her friend was there visiting as well so I let them talk most of the time. After we left there it was a quick stop to the grocery store for more fruit and on the way home we stopped for our flu shots. Whew! The day just flew by and we just got home in time to make supper. I think I’ll go down and do some scrapbooking after supper.

Today’s card is another Halloween card for the six year old grandson.

 
I felt like doing the chalk board look again so stamped this ghost on a piece of black cardstock that I die cut with a Spellbinder’s die. This is a small $1.00 stamp set I picked up at JoAnn’s a few years ago and of course I threw away the package so I have no idea who made it. I had no idea what I was going to do once I had it stamped because I seldom use sketches so I rummaged around in the stash and found my 6”x6” booklet of Tim Holtz Halloween paper and pulled them out. I think the purple one was a left over piece from last year so I placed it on top of the orange and really liked it so I went with that look. The edges were darkened with black ink on both the purple and the orange background. It still looked blah so I looked in the ribbon stash and found this purple ribbon with “boo” written on it and decided to use it – but, using four of them was too much! So, I found some plain purple ribbon and used that to replace two of the written one. I liked it much better. Then the bottom right looked bare so I glued on this fabric black skull after attaching yellow behind it. This was actually an iron-on skull but with the yellow cardstock on the back I decided to just glue it on. In the end I decided I do like this card and I’m pretty sure Seth will too.

That’s it for a Thursday!

 Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. Love that ghost stamp! This card is definitely Halloweeny! :) I'm sure Seth will love it. Have i told you i'm so glad you post nearly every day. Its like a quick little visit every day. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...