Friday, October 18, 2013

A Minty Coffee Card

The roses have been put to bed! The gladioli are dug and drying out (note to self, buy more next year). The irises and peonies have been cut back. Until the weeping mulberry tree loses its leaves, the outside work is pretty much done…except Joe says the grass will likely need cutting a few more times. The hummingbird and oriole feeders are in and washed and put away. Very sad. I much prefer spring and the spring planting. Oh well, another spring is sure to come in a few months. It was very hot working out there today but still getting colder at night. My body is reminding me that it is not used to physical labour!!!!

First a story for you about a wonderful company to deal with. Some time ago I won a contest and the prize was a variety of crafting items. Included were three stacks of ink and chalk ink from Inkadinkado. I had never used their ink or chalk ink before and I took them out of the package and tried them on scrap paper – hmmm nothing. Well, one or two of ink ones made a light mark but the chalk ones, nothing.  I tried a few more times and then gave up and went on to the rest of the prizes. Every once in awhile I would try them again with the same result. I tried spritzing them with water – nothing. I tried using the Dove and the Stampin’ Up blending pen – nothing! The other day I was cleaning up the stamping area and I thought I have to do something with these so I contacted Inkadinkado by eamil and asked what I could do, or what was I suppose to have done, to activate them. To my surprise I got an answer back the next day. Apparently these are no longer available (I think I know why) and as soon as I read that line I thought okay this isn’t going anywhere but to my surprise I was then given the Inkadinkado website address and advised to pick out any other product I wanted. I had to email her back because I had no idea what these cost and she gave me a price to go by. What a great company to deal with!

As I was going thru their website I was shocked at how many of their stamps I already own. When I first started card making and scrapbooking I through away all the packaging and just kept the stamps so then I had no idea which company made them. I think about 40% of my stamps are from Inkadinkado, 30% from Stamping Bella, and the rest from various sources.   

Today’s card is another one for Stamping Bella’s challenge. By the way my new Stamping Bella stamps came in the other day – whoot! whoot! They are hilarious! I have them stamped and I’m in the process of colouring them so hopefully I’ll have them made into cards for next week’s posts. This week was another sketch to follow. Here’s my card.

I decided to make another Christmas card. I have no idea why because I probably have more than I need now but I love this cup with the candy cane in it. This one was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. Then I added Glossy Accents over the berries and the candy can to make them shiny. Frosted stickles was put over top of the steam which is quite pretty in real life. Circles are die cut with Spellbinders – of course.

The card base was run thru the Cuttlebug with the pine cone embossing folder – Sizzix. The banners are from the stash and I just outlined them with a black pen rather than adding weight to the card by mounting them on black. I don’t usually use sketches unless it’s for a challenge but I quite like this one and I may use it again.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Cheers

Violet

 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when you run into a company like that, that stands behind their name?! So glad you had good fortune!! Hugs! deb

    I might have to go craft shopping this weekend...although one look in my craft room and you would think i don't need a thing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to hear about good customer service. I own a lot of inkadinkado too! Enjoy your new ink or whatever you picked, beautiful card too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...