Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Turn Off the Cold!!!

Decisions, decisions. We had to make a tough one today. We really needed to get some groceries. Shall we stay put and hope the weather in better tomorrow or go today? Checked the weather report, a tiny bit warmer but calling for snow and still windy. Not a huge improvement at all. I woke up with a wee bit of sore throat. How did I catch a sore throat when I have hardly left the house? Anyway, just in case I really am coming down with something (I know strep is going around) we decided to brave it and go get groceries – and more books from the library. Besides, I figured my lungs were going to have to get used to fresh air sooner or later so it may as well be today.

As I mentioned yesterday, one of my most faithful followers, Jinxxxygirl, asked to see the white stickers that change colour when placed on dark cardstock, and I remembered to photograph the sheet. Only a few remain but enough to give you an idea of how they come.


I peeled off the one in the lower right corner and placed it on dark blue cardstock. The white part turns green on black cardstock but this time it changed to a very pretty, sparkly blue.

 
I also peeled off three of the white flowers and added them to a Spellbinder fancy scalloped die cut oval. The light blue paper is quite shiny in real life and I ran it through an embossing folder and then sponged Stampin’ Up Night of Navy dark blue ink around the edge and over the top of the embossed areas.  The sentiment is a peel-and-stick. I bought these butterfly stickers at the Dollar Tree but they didn’t have any last time I was there. Hope they get them back.

 Cheers

Violet

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Well you know i'm going to have to head to the Dollar Tree. I haven't been to one in a while and i do like to poke around there. Sometimes you find some amazing stuff. Like those stickers!!!

    Thanks so much for taking the time to take a pic Violet. Thats just crazy how they change. Very cool! Hugs! deb

    If i find some i'll send you some!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...