Tuesday, January 7, 2014

WISH

The cold snap continues. Right now it is -21C (-9F) and with the wind chill factor -35C (-31F). The schools are closed and probably a lot of other events cancelled. I haven’t checked because this chicken is staying put! Not much happening to report so we’ll get right to the card today.

The last couple of weeks I’ve felt like experimenting with new techniques and card shapes. Once in awhile I need to break out of the habit making cards in the same format. This is one of them.


WISH! Right now I wish I was in some place warm but that is not happening. This card is another birthday card. I took a piece of white cardstock and made some swirly lines in Peeled Paint Distress Ink much like the man’s birthday card I posted last week…but a little lighter in colour. Then I went over it with Mustard Yellow Distress Ink making some areas lighter than others. Then I took some small stamps and stamped them in brown all over the cardstock using Stampin’ Up Chocolate brown. They were then sliced apart into ¾” x 3 ¾” rectangles. Then, keeping them in the same order, I glued them to a brown background. A dark brown ribbon was glued across the centre and this was glued to a cream card base. The flower was stamped on white cardstock using the same chocolate brown, cut out and attached with dimensional glue dots. I’ve found out the dimensional glue dots and even glue runners dry out and things fall off after a time. The Frugal Crafter uses hot glue to avoid this and I may start using my hot glue gun as well. She has lots of hints on her blog and YouTube channel, especially her Ask a Crafter ones. I found the little brown tag with a heart in the stash and I die cut the white one with a Cuttlebug tag die, inked the edges and stamped the word ‘wish’. These were tied together with brown embroidery floss to a folded strip of left over brown paper and then all of them were glued down with a glue dot. Fun project.

That’s all from the frozen north!

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...