Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Lulu Card

It’s starting to warm up! It’s a balmy -10C (14F) today and tomorrow should be a little warmer – and Friday above the freezing mark so everything will be slushy. For the life of me I cannot understand people who say they love winter! To each their own I guess. It’s still too cold in the lower studio but the upper studio is toasty warm and I’ve started a new quilt. I do believe I am going to love this quilt. If all goes well, it will be donated to Rondeau Provincial Park to be one of the prizes for the Friends of Rondeau draw this spring.
 
In the meantime, I did get a few cards made last week so I have something to post. Stamping Bella’s weekly challenge is back and she posted a picture and said we could take anything from the picture as inspiration for a card. It also said something about entering as often as we wanted to. Not sure if she meant more than one card per week or not but I was on a roll and I made three cards from her picture and sent them all to her. Not sure which one she will post so I’m showcasing one each day until Friday.  Here’s the first one.
 The photo she posted showed many pale yellow and pink balloons floating above a long table and chairs. I decided to go with the pale yellow and pink to create this card. This is “Lulu” and she is coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The dies are Spellbinders – love these fancy square dies. After cutting and embossing the image, I left it in the die, as usual, and pounced on a little soft pink around the image. The yellow background paper is from the stash. The bow started out as white seam binding and I sprayed some yellow ink on it and once dried and iron (between paper towels) I tied it with my home-made bow maker. It is attached with glue dots. I just saw a video on the Internet (sorry not sure where) and a card maker was using dimensional dots and she added a wee bit of Zip Dry glue to the dots before attaching them. She said it gives her a little time to adjust them and after they dry, they don’t lose their grip and fall off. Good idea or what!! I’m sure any wet glue would work but she used Zip Dry and that’s my favorite wet glue as well.

That’s all for a Wednesday. Did you know that Wednesday is called “hump day?” And if you did, do you know why?”  This is why. The week starts off on Monday and it’s an uphill climb until Wednesday then it starts to slide into the weekend so Wednesday turns out to be the hump of the week.

Cheers

Violet

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen the commercial with the camel advertising Hump Daaaay! Its hilarious. I think it might be a Geico commercial but the camel is all i remember.

    Just looove this sweet card Violet. You have such beautiful stamps and i just love the way you pull everything all together.
    Hugs! deb

    PS. I'm one of those winter lovers... But!.... I think i know why.... I only lived up North when i was a child, so i have all those fond memories of snow ball fights and sleighriding but i never had to deal with digging out the walkway or the car to go to work. I've never had to deal with snow as an adult and i think thats the BIG difference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card love the coulors

    malika

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...