Thursday, February 27, 2014

First Attempt Card for Son-in-Law

Cold, cold, cold wind blowing all around here and snow squall north and east of us. Nothing much happening here in the city but numerous multi car pile-ups occurred around Barrie and other areas and most of the roads north of us are closed. This has been the worst winter I can ever remember and I cannot wait for spring to come.

It’s 10:30 at night here and it just dawned on me that I didn’t post anything today. I’ve been busy playing down in the rather cool lower studio this afternoon and then tried my hand at designing some steampunk didgi cards on the computer with limited success. Just a busy, busy day.

One of my sons-in-law and my granddaughter both have a birthday coming up in March and my sister-in-law has my stock of cards right now and hasn’t had time to go through them so I decided to just make new ones for them. For the granddaughter's one, no problem; the son-in-law's one, problem. So far I’ve made three and still not happy with them for him. I like all the cards, but they just don’t suit him. Here’s the first one I made.

 
A friend of mine gave me this stamp and this is the first I’ve used it. I inked it with brown but then added some green distress inks on the tree branches and shrubs before stamping it on white cardstock. Blah! So I lightly stamped a script stamp with Old Paper Distress Ink over the top. What a difference that made. Then I simply added a little bit of blue to the bird and greens to the trees and shrubs, dark grey for the rocks with water colour pencils and used a wet brush to blend them. Once it was dry I lightly sponged some blue chalk for the sky and brown and green chalk for the ground. This was then mounted on a chocolate brown card base I made that flips up, instead of sideways. I think this will do well for someone else, but not for Austin. I’ll post the other cards on another day so you will have to check back to see what he eventually is getting.

Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...