Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Green and Gold for a Man's Birthday Card



Pretty quiet here this morning. Some mornings I just like to sit and read for awhile. I thought I would make a quick post now as I hope to get a walk in this afternoon and then get ready for the monthly quilt guild meeting. I’m glad I had a quiet morning with such a busy afternoon and evening coming. We are getting ready to watch the Canadian Hockey team play at noon and of course we are rooting for the Canadian team.

I got into a streak of making birthday cards for ladies using the new butterfly stamp and I’ve posted some but not all. I was really getting into the streak but then I stopped myself and went on another streak making cars for men. These are not the easiest for me but I rather like how these ones turned out. I’m back to using as much as I can of one piece of paper so a lot of the men’s cards I will be posting will be in the same colour family.

For this card I used the Tim Holtz stamp of the old truck. It was inked with Versamark, then Distress Ink and then stamped and embossed with clear embossing powder. I left if very plain. The rectangle layers were cut with the Spellbinder’s create a card dies so they are all the perfect size to layer. The background was run through the Big Shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then I inked the top of the embossed areas with gold. This should qualify as a nice but not fussy card for a man.

Tune in tomorrow for another man’s card with a totally different look.

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...