Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Many Faces of Finn

More snow. This is getting to the point of ridiculous! Not a good day for me today. The brain disorders attacked during the night and besides being painful, my speech is so bizarre Joe is having a hard time understanding me. The worse part is I don’t know what to do with myself. It’s too cold in the lower studio to make cards or do some scrapbooking and I can’t stand any noise, even the sewing machine, when I’m like this. Good job I like to read I guess and I have movies to watch.

And I’m also playing on the computer, obviously! And I found a few scrapbook layouts that I have never posted so here’s one of them. I call this one the Many Faces of Finn.

I had several small photos of my grandson, Finn, but none were really worthy of being the focal point of a layout. So, I found three larger ones of him with my daughter and one of him by himself and decided to whip up a layout using these and the small ones. I used my Spellbinder square die to die cut a couple of strips to look like negatives and placed the photos of Finn behind them. For the one in the middle I stamped a dancing bear and moose so I wouldn’t be cutting him in half. There are a few layers of paper for the background and I used the darker green to highlight the two photos at other end. Then I die cut some embellishments using the Spellbinder peony die and other dies and then layering them. His name and the year were die cut with a Cuttlebug alphabet die.

Here are the individual pages.

 



The two black labs were rescued from Hurricane Katrina. They were bothers, found abandoned and no one would adopt them together and they could not be separated or they wouldn’t eat.  They were eventually brought up to Canada to be adopted. Janette and Ross adopted them even though they still had a black lab at the time – also a rescue dog that unfortunately died a few months after Hoover and Midnight came into the family. The dogs love Finn and he loves them so they were a good fit for this family.

That’s all for today.

 Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...