Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Quick Card

Well yesterday was quite the day with snow off and on and we woke up to having the lawn completely white again. Still bitter cold today but the weather network says it is going to start getting warmer starting tomorrow. I sure hope they are right…for once!
 
It dawned on me yesterday morning that spring is coming and time to change purses. I’m not fond of this task and I do it twice a year at the most. Last fall I threw away the light brown purse because it was getting a bit shabby looking with the intent of having all winter to make a new one. I had bought the brown one but the darn things are so heavy I hate them so I knew if I threw it away, I’d have to make one. Well, of course, I forgot about making one until yesterday so that is my current project. I’ll post it when I get it finished. This purse will last me until November when I switch back to a black one for winter. I’m not a shoe person either – unless you count running shoes and athletic sandals! I have one pair of black flats and nice sandals for church and other dress-up type of places and that it. I’d rather buy fabric and craft supplies than shoes and purses!

It will be no surprise to say I like to colour! When the hockey games are on (and baseball as it’s starting next week) I like to take stamped or downloaded images up with me and I sit and colour them in as I listen to the game. However, once in awhile I need a quick card and colouring is not quick so if colouring is not your thing, make a card like this one.


It looks crooked but it is my poor camera angle and the card opened up a bit as I was taking the picture. So, I took a card base and ran it through the Provo Craft swirl embossing folder and then inked the embossed areas.  All the paper is from the stash and the sentiments are from Hot Off the Press (Paper Wishes). Pretty easy to see what I did. The large sentiment was stamped on a piece of green that was mounted the darker green. Then I took a left piece of that darker green and cut a banner and stamped the Birthday Wishes on it and attached to the top. The other strip was added to the left side with skinny green strips added to each side. All I had to do was stamp Happy Birthday on the inside and the card was done. This could be a card for either a man or woman but I think it would suit a man better.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...