Monday, April 7, 2014

Steampunk Butterfly Card


What a long uneventful, unproductive weekend we just had. Joe has not quite gotten over his cold, his laptop crashed completely and we just got it back this morning (it turns out we don’t like to share one computer anymore so glad to have our own again) , and I had a sleepless night Saturday and a bad day Sunday so overall, very unproductive couple of days. In fact, today has been busy but not in either studio so no creative endeavours today either.

Yesterday was my youngest daughter’s birthday but her and her family went away for the weekend so we didn’t get to see them. I did send her a card and I decided to make it a steampunk easel card.


This is the front view. The image was coloured with both Prismacolor pencils and some Tombow markers and then a sprinkle of Stickles here and there – gotta have some bling! The background dark blue paper was run through the Tim Holtz gears embossing folder which picks up the blue swirls in the image. Likewise the yellow scallop paper (Spellbinders) and the yellow strip across the front pick up the yellow in the image. It needed something to stop the card from going flat so I added the small silver flower and added blue stickles in the centre.

Here is the card on its side. These are so easy to make I think I’m going to whip up some more.

 

Here’s hoping tomorrow is more productive…

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. Look at that steampunk butterfly! Gosh i have fallen in love with steam punk! Your card is so pretty Violet!

    I've had my share of sleepless nights.... uuughhh... quite a few here lately and they are no fun. Hope you sleep better Violet! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...