Thursday, October 8, 2015

One New Die, Two Cards


What a busy day this has been. It was a beautiful morning so we had our usual morning walk. Then this afternoon I went down to help make quilts for the veterans through the Quilts of Valour program. If you know a Canadian veteran or active military personnel who has been injured, they will qualify to receive a quilt. Check it all out here:  http://www.quiltsofvalour.ca.

Today’s cards were made using one of my new Spellbinders die.
Card one
 
Card Two
The card bases were made by cutting an 8 ½” x 11” piece of cardstock in half. The white rectangle with the cut-out parts is one die. The next layer is the middle part which fits perfectly inside the first layer. For the first card a matching pen was run around the edge of the edge of the die while the white cardstock was still in the die which left that lovely extra detail. Unfortunately the pen ran out of ink so I couldn’t use it for the second card. I really like that extra edging so I think I’ll be investing in a few coloured pens now. The second layer is the coloured weave at the top and bottom with the white space in between. Of course it cuts out as one white piece and I decided it looked blah so I laid a piece of scrap paper at the edge of the weave and pounced on some VersaMark ink and then that lovely teal ink and added clear embossing powder and heat set it. Loved the look! On the second card I ran the teal ink all around the edge of the die cut piece. The piece was attached with thin dimensional glue dots to lift it off the main piece. Card one I stamped the sentiment right on the label part. Then a piece of white cardstock was run though a very old Spellbinder die to get that floral swish and once it was embossed I ran teal chalk over the embossed areas. It was attached with more dimensional glue dots. For the second card I cut and embossed the long label that comes with this die and stamped the sentiment on it. It too was added with dimensional glue dots. Then I added the bow and pearl.

That’s all for a lovely, busy Thursday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...