Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Another Double Pocket Card

Good job we didn’t put our winter coats away yet because we needed them this morning for our walk. It was a chilly 2ºC (about 34F) when we started out but the wind made it feel much colder. This afternoon it actually got up to a high of 7ºC so it was much nicer out. One of my friends called this morning to ask if I could drive her to the doctor’s this afternoon because she came down with vertigo over the weekend and cannot drive. Of course I said yes…..but unfortunately this will have to run its course so she is in for a dizzy week or more. In between time I was able to sew the binding on my daughter’s quilt. The day has flown by but I don’t feel like I got much accomplished at all.


Today’s card is the second double pocket card I made. Once again I started out with a 12”x12” piece of double-sided cardstock and followed the directions of where to crease and where to cut from the Internet site I found on Pinterest. Just type in double pocket cards and you will find several. I did go back over and found the one I used and this is it: http://jarfullofjoy.blogspot.ca/2008/04/double-pocket-card-tutorial.html



This time I used the patterned side of the paper for the tag that hold the gift card so there was no place to stamp the greeting. So I added a strip of the brown on top, taped on with double-sided tape that was wrapped around it to really hold it in place especially with the ribbon added. Then a peel-off greeting was added. For the sentiment on the smaller tag I stamped it first with Versamark and then dabbed on some gold Pearl-Ex powder…..an alternative to embossing. This time I added the ribbon and bow higher on the card and I do like it better.

That’s all for a cool Tuesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

jinxxxygirl said...

This is such a cute idea Violet. I love your color combos. We are expecting severe weather today. Hopefully we get some rain out of it. We could use it. Hugs! deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...