Thursday, March 31, 2016

'Herd' it Was Your Birthday!


Herd it was your birthday? That’s the title on the card I’m posting today and when you see the card you will know why it is ‘herd’ and not ‘heard’.

It’s been raining here all day and more expected tonight and tomorrow. It never let up enough to let us out of the house for a walk so we stayed put…….I got a lot of sewing done and Joe got a lot of nothing done! He puttered around but didn’t have his heart into doing much at all. Our grass is getting pretty long in spots so he keeps hoping for a couple of warm, dry days so he can go out and get the lawnmower out and putter around outside….I’ll enjoy those days too but in the meantime I’m glad I have indoor hobbies to keep me busy.

Here’s the card I made a couple of weeks ago with my new Art Impression stamp and an unmarked oldie one – the cow.
 
The card base is the kraft coloured one – from Michaels. The dark brown paper is from the stash – still trying to use it up. The sentiment is computer generated. The farmer is from Art Impression and he was coloured with Prismacolor pencils; blended with gamsol. The cow is actually one stamp and it was first stamped a couple of times on a sticky notepad and cut out to use as masks. Always stamp the image you want in front first – in this case, the cow at the front, cover it with a mask and stamp again – a stamp positioner comes in real handy doing this – cover the second stamped image and stamp again. You can do this as many times as you like. We live in a farming community so I’m sure this card will just fit the bill for someone.
That’s all for a very wet Thursday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...