Thursday, April 14, 2016

Blue Poppies


Slowly getting over this terrible respiratory bug but it certainly is taken a long time leaving. Just maybe I waited a few days too long to get on antibiotics but my 10 day limit for it to be a virus ended on a weekend so I had to wait until Monday – anyway, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it! I was actually feeling pretty good yesterday afternoon and decided to make hubby a pair of slippers. We both like soft soled slippers and we cannot find them for men anymore so I make them. A friend of mine gave me her pattern for them. Horrible, horrible, horrible confusing things to make but he does love them and he’s so good to me I make them for him. Today I’m back to doing nothing…..not that I’m worse, just tired.

While searching my folder of cards not posted yet, I found this one I had just finished before I got sick. It features my new Penny Black stamp.

 
I recently posted a pink one and a purple one made from this same stamp but this one is the blue version. You might notice that there is one flower missing. I cut of the one on the far right so I can stamp it anywhere I want. For this card, I just left it off. The background is done with water colour paint and splattered with the same colours used on the card. Once the flowers were painted and dried I added blue stickles to them and then added the bow. To keep the watercolour paper flat, I attached it to the dark blue with brads. Once it was all dry, I added the bow and the sequins and glued to card base that was prepared by gluing on a piece of patterned paper. Love this stamp!

That’s all for a sunny but still cool Thursday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...