Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Rusty Old Truck and a Rusty Bird


The respiratory bug is still hanging on but getting weaker. I’m out of antibiotics tomorrow so I’m hoping for a complete recovery overnight! Dreaming is free! We had the most wonderful weather over the weekend and yesterday with temperatures around 70ºF. I really wanted to get out of the house on Sunday (getting a few groceries on Saturday just didn’t count) so we drove to Rondeau Provincial Park to buy our seasonal pass and went for a couple short walks. I made sure I didn’t overdo it but it was just so nice out I just had to walk a bit. On the last small loop we walked we saw a Brown Thrasher and I got this picture of him.
 
We saw a few other birds but I didn’t take many photos and this one is the hi-lite of the day. This bird is so hard to photograph because he never seems to sit still and if he does, it’s deep in a bush. It’s a little cooler day but still quite nice. Here are the other two photos that I took.

 
I was crawling into bed yesterday before I remembered that I didn’t post my card. I went out and dug out some crab grass and pulled some too aggressive plants that were taking over the garden after lunch and I was pooped. I had orders from the boss??? to take it easy today....so I did. Once in awhile I let him think he's the boss, but only when I agree with him!!!!

 
This a very grungy masculine card featuring the old truck from a Tim Holtz stamp. It was inked with Versamark; then a rusty ink colour; then clear embossing powder was sprinkled on and then heat embossed. The sky and grass were chalked. It, the larger and smallest rectangle were die cut with the Spellbinders deckled edge die and then the same method was applied to the edges to grunge them up. The papers were from the stash and all the edges were inked to add to the grunge look. No bows or ribbons or glitter on this card! The men like them plain.

That’s all for a sunny Tuesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got out and about Violet. I'm told antibiotics continue to work even after you've finished the course... so hopefully that is true for you. I have so many bird photos to share with you. i think i can name most of them but some i would like to pick your brain about... I plan on a post soon of nothing but birds.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...