Friday, June 3, 2016

Thinking of You Card


I just love this time of the year when everything is growing so nicely and the weather is so nice. Today was errand and grocery day and we added in a trip to the garden centres looking for some Russell Lupin flowers for the garden as ours from last year did not survive over the winter. None of the greenhouses had any but we did find three beautiful lilies that we didn’t have that were on sale for 50% off…..caved again. We have so little will power!



Today’s card was the first one I made using that yellow paper with the white flowers and leaves printed on it. The last two cards I posted were made from the left over pieces and next week I’ll post a card that shows the very smallest pieces all used. My new goal is to use every bit of a piece of paper I cut into, even if has already been cut into before and in the stash, instead of adding it back into the stash.

 


This is a photo of an Indigo Bunting (my favourite migratory bird) that I took a couple of years ago. I used Photoshop elements to add in the sentiment. It was die cut and then mounted on white paper. The glitter thread (dollar store find) just adds so much to the overall look of the card. The funky sparkly bow was die cut with an old Sizzix die of a gift box with a bow and I just cut the bottom piece off and added a gem.



That’s all for a totally awesome June day. Have a great weekend everyone.


Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...