Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Mouse House Christmas Card


Brrrrr. I thought today was cold but it’s going to be worse overnight and tomorrow. Tonight, -14C (5F) but with the wind it feels like -26C (-14F) and tomorrow won’t be much warmer. I’m sick of winter already!



Today’s card is the one I made for my great-nephew, Ethan. He’s the boy part of the triplets. Ethan is very shy and lacks self-confidence whereas the girls (identical by the way), Kira and Brenna, are little hams that love being in the spotlight. They dance and do gymnastics. Ethan likes to play the piano and does downhill skiing. I decided to make him a card with music on it.

 

This is another Mouse House design with the mice in stockings playing the piano. I thought it was perfect for Ethan. The music notes were not part of the stamp. I added them from one of those mini alphabet sets that has little extra images included. This card was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. All the paper is from my stash. I wasn’t sure what to use as a sentiment and then I found the ‘Deck The Halls’ peel-off and decided to use that. Of course, that meant I had to find some holly to deck the halls with…..I know, I know but that’s how my weird mind works. I just happened to have this holly die so I took a piece of glossy cardstock and pounced on some alcohol inks and die cut it. Once it was die cut I added the red alcohol ink to the berries. I hope he likes it.



That’s all for a very cold, windy Tuesday, 2016-12-14



Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. Love the coloring of the holly leaves Violet! Sat and Sun night we are talking 9F here... I'am so not used to that...probably not since i was a kid....brrr....hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...