Monday, January 9, 2017

A Poppy Card and a Recipe


We just had a frigid weekend…..brrrrr. It felt like -25C last night which is 14F. It’s a balmy -5C right now so that’s the good news; the bad news is we are in for a very bad storm overnight with lots of snow; freezing rain; and then rain. Terrible weather! Obviously I’m staying inside where it’s warm and dry.



Before I post the card I’m going to post a recipe for the easiest banana muffins ever – and they are delicious! Here’s a photo of the ones I made today. I put nuts in mine and leave some on top so I know which ones are mine. Joe hates nuts....silly guy...his are out of the photo range.

 




And here’s the recipe....bottom left...with the star beside it. 

 


 I have not tried the other ones in this booklet but these ones are great.



There are lots of free botanical downloads on the Internet and I love to colour them and turn them into cards. Here’s one of my favourite flowers – the poppy.

 


I have a very bad habit of colouring the pictures and then scrambling to find paper that matches. Luckily I have a huge stash and so far I’ve been able to match them. A friend of mine ALWAYS picks the paper and THEN colours the image to match the papers……….which is a good idea but I seldom do it.



The poppy was coloured with Prismacolor pencils; blended with gamsol. The poppy was die cut with a stitched rectangle die and then glued to a hand cut banner and then onto some designer paper. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it all matched. I wanted something across the top and was lucky enough to find some matching funky ribbon in the ribbon stash. Once I was happy with the final design it was then glued to the white card base. Dark Stickles was added to the middle of the flower for some extra dimension and Wink of Stella to the flower and leaves. One more birthday ready to be mailed out.



That’s all for a cold Monday, January 9, 2017

Cheers

Violet




1 comment:

  1. Just love this pink card Violet!! I need to check out free digi stamps more... You sure do find some pretty ones! Stay warm and safe! We are expecting LOTS of rain and wind starting Thursday.... we need the rain BADLY... our Beaver Lake is so low its scary.. its our drinking water too... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...