Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Water Coloured Background


The snow and cold north wind continues! There were white-out conditions on some of the major and secondary roads which caused both single and multi-vehicle accidents. So glad we are retired and don’t have to go out if we don’t want to. Tonight is quilt guild meeting and I’m not sure I want to venture out…..I’m such a suck when it comes to cold windy nights. Joe is on the “disabled list”….you can tell we are sports fans when we call it that. He pulled his foot up to put his socks on and put his back out! He is very stiff but says it only hurts getting up and down off the couch or if he moves the wrong way. Poor guy. He’s a good patient….but getting a bit bored.



Last month I needed several sympathy cards. This is one I made.

 




I was playing around spreading water colour paint on water colour paper and decided they all looked like a lovely sky so I made cards out of them. For this one I stamped and embossed the grain stems (Inkadinkado) in black. When the sentiment was stamped I decided it needed something underneath of it so I stamped leaves. Then the top right corner looked bare.... and I do like everything in uneven lots.... so I added the black die cut scroll (old Cuttlebug die). Then it was mounted on black cardstock and then onto the speckled blue paper and then to the card base. A quick and easy card once the background was made and dry.



That’s all for a cold and windy Wednesday, 2017-03-15.



Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...