Friday, July 14, 2017

A New Card with 2 New-to-me Techniques


Wow, we finally had a typical summer day with no threat of rain! It was hot and humid but not unbearable – at the lake that is…not sure about in the city! We went on another picnic and bike ride today and it was a great day. We may actually have two nice days in a row as tomorrow is predicted to be the same….but on Sunday we are back to thunderstorms!



A friend of our recently had open heart surgery (two surgeons and it took them seven hours) but he is home now and recovering nicely. I made him a card the other day using two techniques I had never used before. Here is his card.





 I began with an old greeting card that I die cut an oval out of it – Spellbinders. Then I placed it over a piece of white cardstock and sponged on Stampin’ Up Night of Navy ink through the open area to get a nice light blue oval. Then I stamped the boat (Close to My Heart) and the birds (Tim Holtz) with the same ink. That is one technique that I have never used before and I loved doing it and made a few more cards too…..stay tuned for them!



The Frugal Crafter had another technique I had never done before she demonstrated on a recent YouTube video and I wanted to try it but didn’t have the right punch. She punched the corners of the card front with a punch that left an insert on each side of the corners. I had nothing even close that would do that. However, I do have a punch that does two vertical lines for threading ribbon through. I found out that if I just put the punch in just a bit at the corners I end up with a notch….which worked perfectly. I taped one end of the bakers cord to the back and then wrapped it from corner to corner catching it in the notches and then taping the end at the back again. I love how it framed the picture. The sentiment was computer generated; mounted on a hand cut banner and then added with a dimensional glue strip. I then glued it to a dark blue piece of cardstock (yes the hand cut banner was cut from the middle of the blue panel) and then onto a white card base. I hope he likes it. I certainly had fun making it.



That’s all for a hot and humid Friday, July 14, 2017. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...