Monday, July 17, 2017

Simpler Version


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend – we did, except for the rain showers yesterday afternoon which interrupted our ‘sitting around doing nothing” at the bay. Today was absolutely beautiful weather with a nice breeze blowing and I wish it would just stay like this for the rest of the summer….and maybe into the fall a bit. It was grass cutting and yard work day today for us….. and I think pretty much everyone in the neighbourhood as well.



Today’s card is a simpler version of the one I posted last Friday – slide down to see if you missed it…..to view the techniques used.
  


I’m not sure who is going to receive this card but birthday cards are always nice to have on hand. I used the same technique as the card posted Friday to get that nice oval in the centre. The sailboat (Close to My Heart stamp) was stamped with Stampin’ Up Night of Navy as was the birthday greetings. Then it was mounted on a blue card base. Quick and easy but very effective.



That’s all for a beautiful Monday, July 17, 2017.

  

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love simple cards... I don't know if i'd ever be a person to spend alot of time on one card... I like making cards but they are usually one layer cards maybe two.. That sailboat is really a great stamp!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...