Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A Symphathy Card


Today was finally a day without rain or snow….but still colder than it should be for the middle of April. We did get snow yesterday but it was melted by mid afternoon. I was talking to my sister this morning who lives about three hours East from here and they got hit much worse than we did over the weekend. We mostly got rain, they got snow and freezing rain and she still has about 2” or 3” of snow lying around. Spring refuses to come.

        Today’s card is one I just made this afternoon. I haven’t been down in the lower studio very much because it is actually the basement and it has been cold down there. However, I needed a couple of cards so I put on a heavy sweatshirt and went down.






This is another card made with the Memory Box window die….one of my favourites! The image behind it came from an old greeting card. There is plastic behind the window frame to look like glass. It really does make a difference in real life. I found some light purple cardstock and made the card base from it. The flower came from a package I picked up at the Dollar Tree – love these! There is a leaf branch behind the flower which was made with another Memory Box die. There was some cardstock left over from the card base so I die cut a circle with the Stampin’ Up stitched circle, added the peel-off sentiment and glued it on.

        That’s all for a cold Wednesday, April 18, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. It is a lovely card! I need to visit the Dollar tree for some flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...