Monday, April 16, 2018

Rainy Day Card


Rain, rain and more rain – mixed in with thunderstorms, freezing rain, ice pellets and then more rain. That was our weekend weather. Over 50,000 people without hydro but we were not one of them, thank goodness. Unfortunately, this weird and rare winter storm in April is not over yet – 80% of snow showers tonight and tomorrow morning. Hopefully these will miss us as well, or be short lived and melt. Next is more rain. We won’t see nice weather until Saturday when the temperatures will finally be in the low 40F. Horrible, horrible spring.

 Today’s card was made with an old Stampin’ Up die. I just bought this set from my friend who was downsizing a bit.






The image was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol – my favourite way to colour stamped images. It and the brown square were die cut with Spellbinder’s square die set and I left it in the die as I sponged on that background – Old Paper Distress Ink I think – to leave that nice white border. Before gluing it to the card base –paper from the stash – I wrapped a piece of baker’s twine around it and glued on a paper die cut button. The banner was die cut with a Spellbinder’s long label die and then I notched the ends. The sentiment is a peel-off.

That’s all for a cold and damp Monday, April 16, 2018.



Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. Aaaww thats a cute die Violet and i love the way you arranged the card.. very classy.. Today we are just coming out of the cold.. warmed up to 60F today and it was very, very welcome.. Tomorrow 77F!! then back in the 60'sF for the rest of the week.. no rain for the week then rain this coming weekend.. All in all not bad.. Stay warm and i hope your Spring makes up its mind soon! :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...