Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A Card for a Fall Birthday


Brrrr. Very cold wind blowing today! I’m so not ready for this! We are going to have a heavy frost tonight too so that will be the very end of the annuals that are still blooming.

On Monday I posted a card that I wasn’t quite sure I liked but couldn’t figure out why. I asked for some feedback and Jinxxxygirl said she liked the design but not the purple for a man….an excellent point. Even though it was dark purple, I do believe that is what was stopping me from embracing it as well. So, I shall make another one using a dark brown perhaps! Thanks Jinxxxygirl for taking the time to respond.

Last week I was playing around with some inking on some water colour paper and ended up stamping some leaves on it. Well, that was the start of another “lets see if this works” card. Here it is. 


         I have the leaf stamps but no matching dies so I had to hand cut them all. Then I had to design a card for them to go on. So, I found these two pieces of paper in the stash and taped them together at the back and then trimmed it down to the regular card size of 4.25 x 5.5. Then I laid the leaves across the seam but it needed something else so I die cut some Sizzix scrolls in black cardstock and arranged them behind the leaves – much better. Then I glued down a line of leaves on top; but the top layer was adhered using dimensional glue strips to give them some height…I didn’t like them all just flat. The top leaves still needed a little something so I added some Wink of Stella to them to give them a wee bit of shimmer. To finish the card off I die cut the Sizzix ‘happy birthday’ and glued it on the bottom. I think it will be okay for a fall birthday.

Tonight is quilt guild meeting night…..brrrr…..I have to be brave and head out in the cold….not my thing but the quilt guild meeting is worth the effort.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. Well your welcome Violet :) :) I look forward to seeing it! I LOVE this leaf card! All that work cutting out those leaves! Very Fall!! The color on those leaves turned out just lovely. Stay warm.. chilly here too!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...