Friday, April 5, 2019

A Non-Traditional Wedding Card


        Another cool dreary day today but the Weather Network says we can expect more spring like temperatures starting tomorrow. It could be 17C (62F) but mostly cloudy so it won’t feel that warm…..but it’s a start!

        Wednesday I posted a wedding card that was pretty much a ‘traditional’ wedding card. Today I’m posting one for the more modern bride.

 



        This background paper is actually double sided and you will see more cards made from it later this month. Facebook has a ‘Marketplace’ where people post all kinds of articles for sale. One lady posted a zippered container that included paper and cardstock for $10.00. I have a container just like that and I figured the container itself was worth more than $10 even if the contents were few and of poor quality – wrong! I was so pleasantly surprised to find that container was FULL of beautiful paper and cardstock. Sometimes you win, sometimes not… but this time I was definitely a winner.

        Anyway, I had made a couple cards already from this paper and decided it would be a great background for a non-traditional wedding card. I die cut two stitched hearts of different sizes and glued the on overlapping one. Then I stamped butterflies and hearts and the sentiment on the top one. Then it was a simple matter of gluing on the bride and groom silhouette. This was definitely a quick and easy card.

        That’s all for a cool and cloudy Friday, April 5, 2019. Have a safe and creative weekend all and I’ll be back on Monday with another card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...