Friday, October 30, 2020

The Stockings were hung...

 

                It’s the last Friday in October already. November is my most unfavorable month. In November the leaves are all but gone so we have tree limbs only; the farmers’ fields are bare; everything looks dull; it’s cold and it’s just the start of more cold weather. Yeah, I’m not a fan of November at all. However, I have lots of projects to do inside so I’ll survive it.

        I have made a good start on my Christmas cards. Here’s another one.

                         
     For this card the three little stockings were the inspiration. My daughters all loved getting a Christmas stocking filled with small goodies. I really wanted them to look like they were hanging on a fireplace but I have no fireplace die so the only thing I could think to do was to use an brick embossing folder on Kraft cardstock and then inked the embossed parts with a darker brown ink to hi-lite them. One piece was cut off and added to the top. The stockings were glued to the ribbon which was tucked under the top piece. Green die cut ferns were added and then the die cut sentiment. It’s mounted on a green card base.

        That’s all for a cold Friday, on October 30, 2020.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Well i think it turned out terriffic!! The brick embossing folder did alot to give the illusion of a fireplace. LOVE it! You know me i'm welcoming November ... and Dec and Jan and Feb...lol We are having a little warm up for the next week or so... I'll take that too.. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas cards Violet! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...