Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Lighthouse Card

 I’m back. I know its been awhile since I’ve posted anything. Life is busy! We are enjoying some typical fall weather right now so it’s a bit cool at night and sweatshirts are needed off and on all day. Nice.

Recently I purchased three sheets of a 12x12 heavy cardstock with a beautiful nautical design on them from Stamp Art in London, ON.  I didn’t really need three the same but oh well. I managed to make 7 cards using one sheet! …. along with some stamps and dies I had on hand already. First I’ll show you the front and back of the sheet. Was it hard cutting into it - yup, but I had to do it.

 The Back

The Front

I absolutely had to use that lighthouse as the focal for the first card.

                                            

There wasn’t much I had to do to make this card. I simply cut the lighthouse out to fit on a standard A2 card leaving it 1/4” smaller so the card base will show. Then the sentiment was die cut three times and glued together. I have these only glass beads in my stash that were popular about 10 years ago and every once in awhile I pull them out and use them. Glad I kept them because they were perfect for this card. My hubby loved this card!

 That’s all for tonight but I’ll be posting the rest of the nautical themed cards over the next week or so. Most of them are much more creative than this one.  Hope you come back. Comments are always read and appreciated.

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I have missed you dearly Violet! Thank you for the comment on my blog! Gosh that paper is gorgeous!! I definitely would have trouble cutting into it. But what a beautiful card you made! I cannot wait to see the rest!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...