Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Two Cards today

 It’s definitely typical fall weather here in Ontario. Several cities and areas not far from us had snow last weekend, but we just had rain. Thank goodness. I’m so not ready for snow.

Next week I have twin siblings having their 85 birthdays.  I made them each a card, of

course. Here they are.

 Pearl loves flowers and gardening is her passion so I had to make her a flower card. This is a Stampin' Up stamp. I love mixing different hues of the same colour. So, I pulled out the turquoise (probably my favourite colour) to make the card base and then the strip down the left side. The designer paper is from the stash. I die cut a stitched frame and I then stamped the flowers in turquoise. But, then I decided I wanted something behind them so I pulled out a stencil and added some light pink ink through the stencil. I didn’t try to do it even, just here and there enough to hi-lite the flowers.

I have a set of these old ribbon labels and decided it was time to use them. The ribbon looks blue but it is dark turquoise as well.

Peter’s card.

   Unfortunately, he has not had an easy life as he has been a paraplegic for over 50 years. He ran his own business for years though but his body finally decided it was time to rest so he is in a nursing home. The good news is his mind is fine for someone turning 85. So, I always have a problem making just the right card for him every year.

 


This time I decided to a bit of a mixed media card. This is a 5.5 square card and the card base is Kraft brown. The bottom layer looks pink but it’s a pinkish/brown colour with the edges inked in brown. Then I pulled out a darker brown and cut a square; then mounted the brown polka dot square on top. Then I took a piece of darker brown paper and ripped the edges and glued that on. Then there is a wide ribbon with the edges frayed. The sentiment was die cut twice - once in white and once in blue and then the blue one was glued to the white but offside so the white is a shadow. The lighthouse was stamped and hand cut. This is an old Stampin' Up stamp but I didn’t buy the dies - darn! The lighthouse had to sit on something so I took another piece of brown paper and glued it on with a mesh and paper bit on top. I liked the texture. Then I added three tiny shells. I had to put extra postage on it because of the shells but that’s okay. He is worth it.

That is all for Tuesday, November 7, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Well i think they are both going to LOVE their cards Violet! We have been warm here.. too warm for this time of year but starting tomorrow we cool down to more normal temps and some rain predicted... fingers crossed.. Much love, deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...