Friday, February 9, 2024

A Purple Card

 Another week has flown by and it was one of the mildest weeks we’ve ever seen in February. I went out to get my hair cut this morning and I just had on a blue jean jacket over a light sweater. Its going to drop down to below freezing again in a couple of days…..then the winter coats come out again! But we have really enjoyed the mild weather.

 Today’s card is one of those “lets use up some left over paper”.

 


 I found this die cut shiny purple label (from an old Spellbinder die set) so I rummaged through the purple left over stash and found that stripped paper with almost the same dark purple in it. Then I found that light purple for the background.  I laid them down on each other and liked how they looked. So, the next step was to find some focal image. I had just bought a package of ephemera from Stamp Art in London (sight unseen but I trusted her judgement) and this dream catcher and butterfly were in with the package. That was almost too simple but I liked it and decided to go for it. Once everything was glue down I stamped the ‘hello’ in purple ink on a die cut banner and glued it on. It needed more bling so shiny faux crystals were glued on. They came from the dollar store but they are quite pretty.

That’s all for a mild Friday, February 9, 2024. Have a safe and creative weekend everyone.

 

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I just LOOOOVVVEEE purple!! Beautiful card Violet!! We are mild here too but rain and cooler temps expected tonight and into next week... So hubs is going to play golf today.. lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...