Sunday, March 10, 2024

Anniversary Card

 What a week, weather wise. We had those two gorgeous days that felt like it was late May: then rain for a couple of days but not as much as they predicted, thank goodness; and then we woke up to snow on the ground today: and tonight there is a very strong cold wind blowing. I made lemon pie today and took a piece over to our neighbour who is a recent widower and barely cooks let alone bake and I thought I was going to get blown away. It was definitely a winter day today!

Because of the nasty weather this weekend, I hustled down to the lower studio (aka the basement) and made a few cards. A friend requested a anniversary card for her hubby. No problem. Here’s one I made for her consideration.

                                          

 While looking for something in one of my many stashes, I found this package of pre-cut, stamped images and matching paper. I remember picking this up at the thrift store along with other goodies and forgot all about them. Time to use them.

I traced the stamped image onto a piece of black cardstock and hand cut it and rounded the corners so it matched the one from the pack. The designer paper was cut down to 5.25 x 5 to fit on the black card base I made. I tried laying it on a white card base but it looked better on the black. I really like putting one piece of cardstock on a slight angle and then the focal piece on top.  I really liked the saying “I love us” so I rummaged through a pack of ephemera and found that two birds on the flowery branch. It had another long branch between the birds but it covered the saying so I carefully hand cut out just the parts I wanted and glued it down. I decided it didn’t need anything else.

That’s all for a very cold wintery day on March 10, 2024.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...