Friday, March 8, 2024

Fractured Cards

 It’s a rainy Friday! So rainy we are under a weather alert with possible flooding later on. Last Monday, it did indeed get to a high of 18C (65F) but by Tuesday night it dropped down to the freezing mark again. We did enjoy a lovely walk in the bush on Monday and saw a huge flock of robins - first of the year - a muskrat - first butterfly of the year - and a Downy Woodpecker. There were also dozens of large clumps of snowdrops along the first path. So pretty.

This week I felt like making some cards using a new technique - the fractured card technique. Man, this could be addictive. Loved making these. Here are the first three I made. Just go to YouTube or Pinterest and type in Fractured Card Technique and you will find many sources.

 This is the first one I made. Its okay but I didn’t like the white on white in the middle…but didn’t dislike it enough to toss it. I found that multicoloured flower in my flower stash and decided it would work well with the tiny purple flowers in the one designer paper. I do not own that die that cut out the flower. It was given to me from the seller I bought something from on Marketplace. The sentiment was stamped.

 

Then I made this card. I had one piece of that bunny paper and found the striped paper that had the same colours in it. Bonus. This time I used a light blue centre square on the white square and I liked it much better. The butterfly is again from the butterfly stash.  The sentiment was stamped using the same stamp as the other. I needed some get well cards so I thought it would suffice.

 

I had time to make one more. I had a couple pieces of that bright pink paper on the desk….I used the back for another project…and I found that sticker that also had pink in it. The centre square was cut from the bright pink as well knowing that the sticker would cover up most of it. Using this bright pink in small amounts works better for me so I just rummaged through the stash and found the other green paper with bright red/pink dots and decided it would work very well. This will be a nice card for someone who had surgery or an accident.

That’s all for a mild but very wet Friday, March 8, 2024.  Have a wonderful, creative and safe weekend everyone….and remember, where ever you go, try to sprinkle some kindness whenever you can.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...