Sunday, May 19, 2024

Turning 100 Card

 Its been awhile since my last post! Life is busy this time of the year. We are having a holiday long weekend right now in Canada called May 2Four or May Two4 or Victoria Day which it used to be called. It was originally called Victoria Day after a Queen in England but somehow people started calling it May 2-4 and it stuck. We had a lovely day bird watching yesterday at Rondeau but because the weather has been so much warmer than usual, the leaves are out full - about 2-1/2 weeks ahead of time. It made it very tough to find the birds but we just enjoy being out in nature so it was nice. Today was planting the annual flowers day - big, big job but the garden is going to look very colourful!

We also had rain about every other day the last two weeks so I did get some cards made. Here is one of them.

  A friend asked if I could make a card suitable for an aunt turning 100! Here’s what I came up with.

                            

The card base is a lovely soft pinkish beige with embossed leaves. The panel started out as white cardstock and I stamped the music notes in VersaMark ink and heat embossed in gold.  Then the panel was  dipped into some Distress Inks - not sure what colours I used now….some blues and browns. I just smear them on my glass mat, spray water, smear and start dipping. Dry between each dip! Then it was mounted on a gold panel but offset a bit. The middle of the gold panel was gutted and I die cut that tag from it. No one knows if you remove the middle of a panel that is glued down to something else! Well, I guess they know now if they are reading this! The sentiment is a peel-off. Once I liked how it looked on the card base and was glued down, the flowers were added. These came from the Dollar Tree but the leaves I die cut myself. My friend was thrilled with it so all is good. Whew!

That’s all for a beautiful Sunday on May 19, 2024.

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. You have been missing in action!!! Glad to hear it was nothing sinister and you've just been busy. What a lovely card for the Aunt. I'm sure she will love it.. We've had 100 F degree days here and my flowers are not enjoying it.. Much too early in the season for my tastes... take care dear Violet! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...