Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Anniversary Card - OCC Challenge

Well I am happy to report that after spending several hours sewing yesterday my elbow is not aching! What a relief. Now mind you, I was just sewing on binding to some finished quilts but its a start! I am so far behind in my sewing projects and with the nice weather coming up I can myself getting further and further behind. Oh well, I just quilt for fun and for charity so I guess it doesn't matter. They will be done, when they are done.

Today I'm posting a card made for the OCC challenge (http://www.ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.ca/)

This is another stamp that gets used a lot! When I pay $10 or more for one stamp, I want to make sure its going to be well used and this one sure is. I had no idea it would be so popular. I've coloured it in pastels, brights and everything in between and they are snatched up as fast as I can make them.



This one is blue and orange with a hint of white. IT was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol (still experimenting with them and not quite mastered it yet). I cut the lower edge of the paper (from a 6" paper pack that is likely out of print now) with my Spellbinders Edgeabilities and then I cut the orangey strip from the same die and overlapped them. I really liked this effect. The flowers were cut from two different orangey colours with a Quickutz die. It only cuts two petals at a time and you just stack them together.  I attached them with a tiny flower brad. When it was all put together I decided the top left corner looked bare and I needed something blue besides the man's shirt so I punched a corner tab with a Stampin' Up punch out of navy blue and glued it on. That I liked! The little butterfly on the punched flowers came from Dollarama - a whole package full for a $1.00 and I use them a lot.




3 comments:

  1. Hello Violet
    What a delightful image, it speaks volumes of a long life and a cherished love. You have picked up the Orange from the sketch and designed the card so that it does not overpower the image, your little butterfly is a lovely element to add extra interest and texture.
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner, we are so pleased to see your work, would love to see you next week too!
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sweet sweet image! Love your deeper blue here...looks great with the orange! Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet image! Your shading looks beautiful and I love the floral accents. Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...