Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dragonfly Thank You Card

Well, we (okay the neighbour) finally got the computers switched over so everything is on one computer again. Whew! There are a couple of bugs to get rid of but nothing major. Family Tree Maker is causing a problem and I just might have to get a different program. The neighbour says his wife is into genealogy too and she had trouble with FTM and bought a different program. Anyone else with suggestions as to which program is the best?

Spring is coming once again. I know that for sure now because a) we have crocus blooming in the garden and b) a big fat male robin was sitting in the neighbour's tree behind our back fence this morning. There are a few robins that stay all winter but very few. Soon the warblers and other  migratory birds will be arriving too. Look out Rondeau Provincial Park and Point Pelee, here come the birders!

I thought I'd post another card featuring my made-over, altered paper. Check out the depth in the background paper on this card.
 
This paper was cut from an altered 12x12 piece of very ugly striped paper. I had several sheets of it mixed in with wonderful paper that I bought at the thrift store and had no idea what to do with it. Sometimes I just flip them over and use the white side to mount photos on but I was watching You Tube and saw a lady painting papers so I tried it. It didn't turn out like hers!...and this is an understatement.  I found out later on that I didn't dry the ink after each spraying so it sort of went muddy brown. Yikes. I did not give up. Well this paper has layers of acyclic paint, stencils, inks, stamps and gesso. As a 12x12 piece it is a bit much but the lady in the video I watched said to ignore that because they would be cut down to card size. Once I cut it down, I loved it. Good job because I ended up doing about six of them.

The dragonfly was stamped and embossed in black and then I sponged various Distress Inks over it. All dies are Spellbinders - square, square scallop and peony.


1 comment:

  1. Vi - I hope your back yard robin is our spring harbinger :) I have tulips peeking up in my garden, and it sounds like a ditch all around, with the frogs and birds bellowing out their joy. Well not today in the snow - earlier in the week in the sun. But still, there is hope!

    LOVE the dragonfly card!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...